Main objectives and topics
- To explore the research-base - identifying the best available, contemporary research on the health needs, prevention, early intervention and amelioration of refugee children and youth
- To determine drivers and impact of violence on displaced children and youth
- To raise awareness in child care professionals of physical, mental, behavioural and developmental health issues and needs of displaced children
- To determine the role of paediatricians in the care of displaced children
- To identify tools for an efficient, equal and child rights based clinical practice
- To disseminate displaced children health needs and inequalities to child care professions /sectors and children care stake holders
- To develop inter-sectoral strategic responses to improve the current care for displaced children
- To propose policies aiming at improving the implementation of protection, promotion and participation rights of children
Jeffrey Goldhagen (USA)
Ayesha Kadir (Denmark)
Zsuzsanna Kovács (Hungary)
Luis Martin (Spain)
Shanti Raman (Australia)
Barbara Rubio (Spain)
Erika Sievers (Germany)
Nick Spencer (UK)
Gonca Yilmaz (Turkey)
Local Organizing Committee
GETTING IN: Citizens of EU- and EEA-member states may travel to Hungary without a visa. Family members of citizens of EEA Member States may also travel to Hungary without a visa if they received a residence card issued for family members of EEA citizens or a residence permit issued by any Schengen Member State. For detailed information in English, please visit www.mfa.gov.hu.
The official language of the Congress is English. No translation will be provided.
The organizers do not accept any responsibility for injuries/damages or losses sustained by persons or personal belongings during the conference. Participants are strongly advised to carry appropriate travelling and health insurance.